Menu buttons


                 

Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's the Little Things (31 Days: Day 13)

Kids, husbands, friends, parents....no matter who it is, something small but out of the ordinary really does go a long way to brightening up a regular day.  I've been trying to go out of my way a bit more often for things like that lately.  The cupcakes whipped up for a friend's birthday at the last minute.  Grabbing some sliced gouda (one of the husband's favorites) for sandwiches instead of the husband's usual (cheap) stuff.  Stopping to give the kids my full attention when they are talking to me instead of half-listening and answering email at the same time.  Etc etc.
I thought today would be a good day to give us all a little reminder of the small things.  Partially because I'm dead tired from the big party yesterday (massive blogging updates to do on all of that - stay tuned!) and I need a quick filler post today :)  But also because they really are important, and they don't require much from us.
My small things from yesterday:  remembering Hat Day for the kids (they were so excited!).  And taking the time to dress up the treats I sent in to Kaitlyn's classroom for her birthday (she was very annoyed that the school won't let you do anything home made so I couldn't bake the cupcakes she wanted). Kaitlyn in particular pays attention to the details and feels extra special that I took the time to add a birthday message to each one.  I'm sure a couple of her friends and her teacher noticed it too :)


So what are a few of your Small Things this week?
 

No comments: