Menu buttons


                 

Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Days: Day 21 - Finding the Fun in Daily Life

Our move out of state almost a year ago has been the hardest on my Mom. (Who can blame her for missing the cutest kids in the world? :) And having them across the country instead of just down the street isn't easy I know. ) So she makes it a point to arrange a visit as often as possible. She flew into town this week!
I've been totally caught up in the whirlwind that is my life lately so this time around I didn't do much prep work for her visit. I changed the sheets, made sure the house didn't look hideous, and decided that she'd probably be perfectly happy just joining in as I did my regular thing (instead of planning some fun outings and activities as I usually try to do). Mom, however, put more thought into it and came bearing an entire suitcase full of fun surprises - and not just for the kids! Yesterday morning the kids got some fun Halloween stuff to decorate their room and I got scrapbooking supplies - score! (now if only I can find time to scrapbook...) Her list of fun things to do with the kids also includes arts and crafts, baking cookies, spoiling them rotten, and who knows what else! :)


But that's what Grandmas are for. :)
And the lesson for today - celebrating doesn't have to be a big deal or a special event. Little guestures go a long way. So go out and do something special today!

No comments: