Menu buttons


                 

Thursday, October 3, 2013

All Dressed Up for Halloween

Happy October!  I love this time of year - the drop in temperatures (here that means a nice 70 degrees right now), the crisp air and blue skies, pumpkin flavored everything, the birthdays (yes birthdays - in my world end of Sept and all of Oct is stuffed choc full of birthdays!  But that's another post), and oh yes - the Halloween decorations!
As you know, I started working on the new additions to my fall décor quite a few weeks ago.  In fact, I decorated the house in mid-September (while my Mom was visiting as she wanted to see how everything looked all set up).  But true to form, it has taken me a couple of weeks to sit down and post the photos.  Am I ever going to be ahead of the curve, like a good crafty blogger should? (haha)
So without further delay (and before the kids wake up and I have to start in on the day!), here's a peak at the fall fun at my house.
 I changed up the ledge by the stairs a little bit - quite a few of my decorations stayed in the box this year.  But I did keep some of my favorites, especially the footprint ghosts.  The husband jokingly told me I need to make one with the puppy's paw print...that may actually be a fun addition, right? ;)

 My window box - still one of my absolute favorite craft projects.
 And the mantle.  I kept it super simple this year.  And symmetrical - that's so unlike me!  But cute, right?
(I whipped up the trick or treat banner last year.  It is reversible for thanksgiving.  And I did take a minute to relist it in my etsy shop, along with a few of my other Fall items.)
And my new swags on the front door.

Notice a trend?  Yup, I'm a little hung up on witch hats and boots.  I have one for the centerpiece on the dining table too.  I just finished a cute new sign for the front porch (but I'm so happy with it, I'm giving it it's own blog post.  Check back tomorrow! ;) ).  And a friend just bought me a funny Wicked Witch of the West magnet for my car!

1 comment:

jhon carry said...


Thank you for sharing this informative blog with us. Your blog is very useful for us. Are you a student pursuing engineering in Australia and feeling overwhelmed by the complexity of your assignments? Look no further! Our engineering assignment help service in Australia is here to provide you with expert guidance and support to excel in your academic endeavors. Our team of experienced engineers and subject matter experts is dedicated to assisting you with all aspects of your engineering assignments, whether it's mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, or any other branch of engineering. From concept clarification to problem-solving and project execution, we offer comprehensive assistance tailored to your specific needs.