Menu buttons


                 

Friday, March 29, 2013

New Spring Crafts!

T-minus two days 'til Easter!  And I just (as in about an hour ago I was glueing on the the final feathers) finished up a couple of fun Easter/Spring crafty projects - ha! 
I had big plans for having a craft day with friends on this one, but it just wasn't coming together with my schedule/time.  I did, however, manage to coordinate some crafty time with one friend over a couple of days this week (this kind of thing ALWAYS takes longer than expected - especially when it requires use of a jigsaw, which I don't think I've used since middle school shop class!) and I'm happy about that.
We ended up with a trio 2x4 Easter animals (original inspiration for these cuties found here)
 (the rabbit is my favorite!)
and a pair of fun flowers in pots.  (original inspiration found here) You can't see the detail very well in this shot (I know, I know - I rushed the photos, but if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have managed to blog about them at all) but we cut the flowers out of bead board with the jigsaw - all by ourselves! :P - and the centers are fabric rosettes.  Now I just need to figure out where to display them...
(it won't be that hard - I haven't taken the time to set out any of my spring décor yet *sigh*)

No comments: