Menu buttons


                 

Monday, November 21, 2011

31 Days: Day 23 - Pirate Party Invitations



I promised myself I would finish off my 31 days series from last month. One blog post every day for 31 days straight, all about a specific theme - that's tough, especially during a crazy busy time of the year like October (still boggles my mind that October is always so busy, even more so that December). Obviously I didn't quite succeed. And although I considered "cheating" and back-dating all the other posts, I'm not going to. My guess is that few people scroll back through posts when they check blogs anyway, so what would be the point in posting something that no one reads? So, the new goal is to finish the last chunk of them off this week, even if I have to post a couple per day.

It seems appropriate to start up again now since I'm back in party planning mode. It took me a while to get my enthusiasm back (after Kaitlyn's party in Oct) and many days trying to make myself stop procrastinating. But here we are, less than 2 weeks from my son's 5th birthday, and I have spent the afternoon working on party prep - go me! I wanted to get the invitations done ASAP so we can deliver them this week. Luckily, once I got going it was pretty easy to continue working on the rest of the printables. I not only have the invitations created, printed and ready to go out but the tags for the favor bags, coloring pages, pieces for the banner, signs, and misc other things are spread all over my craft table :)

So, without further ado - here are the invites! As you may recall, Tyler requested a Jake and the Neverland Pirates theme. Going with the quick and easy digital route again, I started with a Google search for ideas and clipart. It was pretty simple to take one of the photos and add the party information on top of it. (I used Paint - much to my dismay, PhotoShop still kicks my butt though I swear I will learn enough to make my Christmas cards on it this year!) Then once I had the jpg where I wanted it, it was a simple matter to copy/paste into Word and print them out 4 to a page.
When I showed them to Tyler he was pretty happy, and made me smile when he literally gave me a pat on the back and told me "good job." :)

Up next - the pinata!

No comments: