Menu buttons


                 

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Laundry Drying Rack



Updated:  Sept 2015

Our laundry drying rack was originally inspired by this knock off, which we beefed up and customized.  I had been dreaming of the concept and talking it up to the husband for years, but it took a move to a new house to get him to finally put one together (in 2011).  It was funny to see how much satisfaction the husband got chopping up the old, not pretty, always-in-the-way, cheap, collapsible drying rack and reusing the dowels for the new drying rack.  We loved the drying rack, as did everyone who saw it and eventually (on a whim) I openend a shop on Etsy and we now sell quite a few of them.

I've gotten better at taking product photos too ;)  This one is our latest.

If you want to see the drying racks in action, check out our laundry room update HERE.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Amazing! I want one!

Auntie Lolo said...

I have been wanting to make one of these too!! Yours is gorgeous, congrats!

www.auntielolocrafts.blogspot.com

Mary Q Contrarie said...

Your little wall rack is really cute. I no longer own a drier so I am very happy with this full size laundry drying rack. I can put one whole load on it. I am amazed how much money this saves on my electric bill. The thing that has surprised me the most since I stopped using my drier is that my clothes last so much longer especially my socks. The elastic last forever.

Brossettelewis said...

It may be obvious to you but I need a tutorial. I don't like "sentsationalgirl"'s version as much as I love yours and if I am going to destroy my 10 yr old one that the rubber bands have fell off I need a plan. PLEASE please please, even if you have to email it please do it.

myusername @ gmail.com

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

I want one, too!! These are awesome!