Menu buttons


                 

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm finished!

It's been busy, busy, busy here the past few days. Before leaving for Audrey's house on Friday I had the electrician in. Finally.
You know those TV cords have been driving me nuts and much as I hate paying the money for something we could almost do ourselves, I wanted it done right.

See? Ugly.
So the guys came in and in less than 2 hours had solved my TV cord problem along with adding a few more outlets (including new ones in the garage so I can plug in the freezer yay!). But we were left with a big hole in the wall.

Sam taped and patched it while I was gone, then I sanded and sanded and sanded it. And added a little texture back so it would (mostly) match the surrounding wall. Yesterday I spent the day painting. And now I'm doing my happy dance because that was the LAST room in the house that needed paint! WOOHOO!
Of course it's far from being done and probably won't be for a very long time. But as Kaitlyn said today "it feels all nice and new again."

Here's the Before:

and After paint:




4 comments:

Audrey said...

Looks great! Thanks for this weekend it was great, and I realized I never paid you for the floaty. Can we settle up in UT :)

Cheri said...

The new paint looks great! And Yeah for no more visible cords!

Anonymous said...

I love how it turned out! What color are your walls?

Alayna's Creations said...

Ah thanks! The color is Behr, Garden Wall, I think. It's been a while and I'm too lazy to get up and check the paint cans in the garage. ;) I love it though - I used that color throughout almost all the common areas in the house.